Supercapacitors, also known as ultracapacitors, are excellent for supplying current peaks due to their low internal resistance. This can significantly increase the service life of a battery. In some applications, the battery can even be replaced.
Powerstor Super Caps for Back-Up & Power Pulse applications from Eaton offer:
- Extremely high capacities (Farad)
- Carbon foam technology
- Factor of 2000 smaller than equivalent electrolytic capacitors
- Extremely low internal resistance (ESR) for high pulse power
- Factor 10 higher surge current compared to Li-ion batteries
- Extremely high discharge cycles, almost infinite compared to batteries
- Extremely low leakage current - component can hold its charge for weeks
- Handles surge current load and increases battery life when operated in parallel
This unique technology of aerogel capacitors gives the product ideal characteristics for various applications, such as:
- Portable devices
- Charging cells for DC power supplies
- Battery backup replacement
- Battery hybrid, parallel operation of battery + SuperCap
- Bridging power for seconds, minutes, days, etc.
The strength of Maxwell ultracapacitors lies in high performance for power supplies and transportation applications while maintaining great ruggedness and vibration resistance.